Whenever Ian & I eat this meal we always say "This is better than you'd get in any restaurant" & I swear it's true! What's great is that it's really easy to prepare & cooks in one roasting tray. The flavours are very Mediterranean. My sister Nicola first cooked it for us when she stopped over, so I don't have a copy of a recipe, she just told me how to make it!
3 garlic cloves
2 cod fillets (skinned & boned)
Prosciutto or Palma Ham (5-6 slices)
1 pack of Vine Ripened tomatoes
80g of pitted Black Olives
2-3 Mixed Chillies
How to cook
1. Turn oven onto 150 degrees centigrade, pour olive oil into a roasting tin & add the garlic cloves to roast while you prepare the cod.
2. Lay out the slices of Prosciutto onto a plate, overlapping slightly.
3. Spread both cod fillets with the green pesto & lay sandwiched onto the ham (pesto in the middle).
4. Wrap the ham over the cod fillets.
5. Chop your chillies.
6. Add your wrapped cod, tomatoes, black olives & chillies to the roasting tray. Turn oven up to 200 degrees centigrade & cook for 20-25 mins.
7. Et voila! Remove garlic from skin & mash into juices. Serve with seasonal vegetables.