Did you know that approx 2/3 of our bodies is made up of water? We cannot survive without it, our bodies don't function properly without enough of it....so do you drink enough water?
As you have probably guessed by now, I'm a bit of a health nut!! But honestly, you can't underestimate the health benefits of drinking water.
My golden rules with water
* I always start my day with a cup of hot water & fresh lemon, which is a great cleanser for the system.
* Throughout the course of the day I drink between 2-3 litres of filtered water.
* I never drink water when I eat & always leave at least 30 minutes either side of eating before drinking water. This is because water neutralises your digestive juices which can lead to a build of gas/bloating.
* I always keep a glass of water by my bed in case I wake up thirsty in the night. You lose a lot of fluids during your sleep.
So what are the benefits...
1. Lose Weight: Drinking water flushes out the by products of fat breakdown. It also staves off hunger as it suppresses the appetite. The best bit...water has zero calories!
2. Natural Headache Remedy: Water helps to relieve headaches. Did you know dehydration is a common cause of headaches?
3. Look Younger with Healthier Skin: Water helps to moisturise the skin, increases skin elasticity & replenishes skin tissue.
4. Better Productivity at work: Your brain is made up of 90% water, so drinking plenty improves concentration, alertness & helps you think better.
5. Better Exercise: Water regulates our body temperature & helps to fuel our muscles, increasing our energy levels.
6. Helps in Digestion & Constipation: Drinking water raises your metabolism & also ensures regular bowel movement.
7. Less Cramps & Sprains: Drinking water keeps your joints & muscles lubricated.
8. Relieves Fatigue: Water helps flush out toxins & waste products. If you are dehydrated then your heart needs to work harder at pumping oxygenated blood around the body, your organs will be exhausted & so will you!
9. Less Likely to Get Sick: Drinking lots of water can help improve the immune system & reduce the risk of cancer ie bladder/colon cancers. It also helps to stave off other ailments such as flu, kidney stones & heart attacks.
10. Good Mood: Your body feels great, so you feel happy!
The only downside I can think of is I pee a lot!!!!
How much water do you drink?