I've been wild Blackberry picking again! I came back with about a kilo which was plenty to make one of my favourite desserts...and the reason I love this so much? The crumble has a nice crunchy edge to it due to the addition of oats. Another reason I love it is that it has been passed down to me from my Mother in Law Grace who is the most amazing cook! Oh, and it's soooo easy to make...
3-5 cooking apples
Blackberries - add to your taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 tablespoons water
2oz granulated sugar
Pinch of cinnamon
4oz soft brown sugar
3oz self raising flour
2oz porridge oats
1. Peel, core & slice apples into bowl. Wash & add blackberries to your taste.
2. Add lemon juice, water & granulated sugar to dish.
3. Rub the butter into the sugar, flour & oats until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Sprinkle over the top of the fruit.
5. Cook in the oven for 1 hr on 180 centigrade/ 350 farenheit/Gas Mark 4.
Serve with custard, cream or ice cream....bellissimo!
|organic apples picked straight from the tree in Grace's garden|