I've always loved experimenting with new ideas for my nails (remember my polka dot nails & diamonds on my toes), so when I saw this black & white take on a French Manicure I was immediately smitten & couldn't wait to have a go. It's perfect for this seasons Monochrome trend.
Here's what I did...
You will need: black nail varnish, white nail varnish, nail guides.
|I used Chanel Black Satin, Chanel White Satin & some nail guides I got out of a French Manicure set|
1. Paint your nails with 2 coats of the white nail varnish & leave to dry.
2. Apply nail guides according to the depth of tips you want. I went for quite thin, delicate tips. Note: your nail varnish must have completely hardened before applying the guides.
3. Paint the tips of your nails with black nail varnish, following the edge of the guides. I applied 2 coats.
4. Once tips of the nails are dry, carefully peel off the nail guides - they should reveal a nice straight edge.
5. Apply top coat of clear nail varnish to give a glossy finish.
I was really pleased with the professional looking finish. Thinking this could become one of my favourite ways to wear my nails.
Is this something you would try yourself?
Have a fab Thursday Lovelies